A great night was had by all tasting some lovely wines supplied by Dan Murphy's Wonthaggi.
Jon & Chris from Dan's were our hosts for the night and we thank them for their great wine selection and great commentary describing the wines. The wines samples were
- Ca Bolani Prosecco (Italy). Nice dry Prosecco with great flavour
- A by Arras NV (Tas). Very lovely bubbly with lovely straw colour. Nice dry finish
- Marlborough Sounds Sauvignon Blanc. Lovely nose with many fruit flavours. A lovely wine for Sav Blanc drinkers.
- Stonyfell Pinot Grigio (Langhorne Creek). Don't see this grape variety from this region. Very nice flavoured wine for a warm afternoon sipping.
- South Island Pinot Noir (central Otago NZ). Very lovely Pinot from a great area for Pinot Noir
- Chapel Hill Shiraz (McLaren Vale, SA). Lovely dense Shiraz which would benefit from a few years aging, but drinking ok now
- Grant Burge Winemakers Selection (Barossa SA). Very nice Cabernet Sauvignon with the hallmarks of a good Barossa Cabernet.
- Rabo de Galo (Portugal). A lot going on with this wine with a blend of different grapes. Very drinkable red.
- Cockburns Fine Tawny Port (Portugal) & Barbadillo Pedro Ximenez Sherry (Spain). Fine examples of port and Sherry. The Sherry is very rich and definitely not a pre dinner sherry, but enjoyed with a nice chocolate.
Again we would like to thank Dan Murphys, for putting on a great night and our vice president Graham for organising the event. Dan's also supplied prizes for our raffle and door prizes which we appreciate. And thankyou to the ladies who supplied the lovely slices for supper - they were beautiful!